Intro to Ag & FFA
by Marysville FFA
INTRODUCTION TO AGRICULTURE AND THE FFA 2515
This exploratory course will give students the opportunity to discover the many areas of Agriculture (Agricultural Business, Animal Science, Agricultural Mechanics, Horticulture, etc.). An emphasis is given to getting students involved in the FFA chapter and the development of a Supervised Agricultural Experience Program. This class also counts as a fine arts elective.
Students successfully completing this course will:
1. Understand Agriculture’s importance in our world.
2. Explain the history of the FFA, and identify how the past has led to the current progress and future success of the organization.
3. Be able to successfully participate in a parliamentary procedure demonstration.
4. Select and give reasons for livestock.
5. Safely operate an arc welder and complete basic agricultural mechanics skills.